What is included in the file check artwork service?
File Check offers a safety net of a double check on your print ready file before proceeding to print.
If you opt for a file check, we will accept a Print Ready PDF, as well as Print Ready EPS, TIF or JPG files. We will assume your file has been designed and prepared correctly, adhering to our Print Ready requirements, and you can also choose to receive a proof for an additional fee.
We will automatically fix these errors within your file:
- Convert JPG, TIF or EPS to PDF
- Convert RGB to CMYK
- Convert spot colour to CMYK
- Overprints set on colours other than black
- Ink coverage over 340%
- Missing bleed
We will warn you if your file contains any of these errors:
- Text / objects too close to the edge of the page
- Low resolution images
- Impure blacks
- Incorrect panel sizes on folded jobs
- Issues with the form cutter guide lining up with your artwork
- No allowance for creep within your booklet
We will reject your file if it contains any of these errors:
- Corrupt file
- Un-embedded fonts
- Password protected
- Sizes that are disproportionate
- Missing elements from the file
- Incorrect number of files
Prices start at £2.50 + VAT.
Please refer to our Artwork Service Comparison Chart to see what is included in each of our artwork services.